Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'M IN

It's long been rumored that a Highlander reboot was in the works and now negotiations are under way for Ryan Reynolds to wield the ivory dragon handled blade of Connor Macleoud of the Clan Macleoud. Personally I hope this comes to fruition. Highlander is a fun 80s sci fi action diddy, and it's honestly a cool mythology. I've long thought it was ripe for a reboot, it's not a sci-fi  classic that's too sacred to touch and it's material that can be enhanced greatly with modern choreography and effects. I also like Reynolds and would like to see him find a successful franchise. (Since Green Lantern is a no go) If this does happen hopefully they hold the ship better than the Highlander franchise did with its sequels. Highlander 2 doesn't attempt to have a coherent storyline or stay in bounds concerning the franchise mythology, Highlander 3 had Mario Van Peebles as the villain, Highlander 4 tried to merge the movie world with the tv franchise, and I don't know about Highlander 5 because I turned it off halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment