Thursday, June 21, 2012

There and Back Again


I don't know how many of you are Lord of The Rings fans and if you're not I apologize beforehand for nerding up MHB lol. I myself am really looking forward to this next prequel and pleased that many actors from the trilogy are reprising their roles. Martin Freeman, star of the British series of The Office and movies like Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, will be playing the young Bilbo Baggins. I think The Hobbit will do very well in December. The trilogy made a ton of money and received many Oscars and having read the books, I can say Peter Jackson did an awesome job at adapting the story onto film. The Hobbit the book is something I try to read once if not twice every couple years. Unlike the trilogy it is geared more toward children but is still very enjoyable. From the looks of the trailer and behind the scenes stills, visually its going to look as if it was made right after Return of The King, as if they just kept on filming. As for the overall mood and how much they were able to fit from the book, we'll just have to wait and see. But I can't wait to see the chapter 'Riddles In The Dark' (when Bilbo first meets Gollum) brought to life on screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment