Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Must read article from the greatest action star of all time

Arnold Schwarzenegger has lived one of the most charmed lives I can imagine. From dominating body building, to ruling over the box office, to being governor of California what a ride he's been on. Now he opens up a bit on some roles he missed or passed on and a little about his return to Hollywood. Arnold makes his headlining return to acting on January 18, 2013 in The Last Stand.

 
On BREACHER and it's similarity to PREDATOR:
"BREACHER, especially, will be very like a new PREDATOR," he adds. "It's a team around me and they get knocked off until there's only me left. Except in this case there will be a different twist to the whole thing instead of some alien monster."
"I think that PREDATOR, when I look back at it, was a very appealing kind of a movie. It was also good that I was not the only star of it. I mean, I was the star of it because at the end the focus goes to me, but you can let other people shine too give them screen time and not be in every scene. So I think that’s what I like about BREACHER and the way it’s written. But it is a great character, an extremely interesting character and very well written. David Ayers is really talented."


On an encounter with a drug-induced Don Simpson about THE ROCK:
As Arnie tells the tale, '80s super producer Don Simpson burst into his trailer "totally stoned" one day with 85 pages of THE ROCK's script with handwritten notes all over it by Jerry Bruckheimer.
"He says, 'Here, look at this script. But don't read it! Just, here's what the premise is. He was all over the place," he explains. "I said, 'Look, Don. I can't make a commitment based on what you're showing me here. You won't even let me read the script! Why don't you bake it some more, develop it some more then we'll talk again.' He was very upset. He just walked out and then went to Nicolas Cage with the part..."

 As for DIE HARD, "...there was an unfinished script, which someone gave me and said, 'Would you want to play this?' I was working with Joel Silver on PREDATOR and DIE HARD was his next movie. So we talked about it but then he hired Bruce Willis."

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Schwarzenegger really did dominate the 80's and the 90's when you look at his résumé. People goof on Last Action Hero but that one in particular was really fun to watch and had a great soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete